The centre provides a program that caters for the development of the individual child within the group context an the environment is organised around the principle that children learn through self-discovery and guided learning.
The program is, therefore, designed to:
- Develop a feeling of self worth, and a positive self-image.
- Develop awareness and appreciation of his or her personal environment.
- Develop positive attitudes towards learning.
- Develop social attitudes of concern towards people and the environment.
- Develop language and communication skills.
- Develop skills and knowledge in all areas of the curriculum and to emphasise:
- Social interaction
- and Active involvement in learning.
The daily program in the centre is planned in relation to the observed needs of individual children. Development records are kept on every child and these are available for discussion with parents.
The major part of the program is self-select with language and music experiences arising informally as well as through organised group experiences.
An intensive pre instrumental music program is offered on a daily basis by a qualified music teacher.