Waverley College Cocurricular Life
Waverley has a tradition of setting goals for its students and helping them to strive for excellence, whether it is in the academic or sporting spheres. We encourage and offer opportunities to our students at all levels of ability to fulfil their maximum potential.
In addition to sport, all students are given opportunities to pursue their own interests outside the classroom in a variety of activities and clubs:
- Cadets have traditionally been a strong feature of life in the secondary school;
- the Media Club is active in recording many events of the school year, and presenting them to the rest of the school;
- the Science and Computer Clubs extend the minds of their members and allow practical opportunities for competitions, sharing software, preparing printouts and keeping up-to-date with technology;
- the Social Justice Department and Amnesty Group run many programs and aim to raise our awareness and caring for the marginalised;
- Chess is part of a lively interschool competition; and
- Public Speaking and Debating are interschool activities. During the winter terms we compete in the JSHAA (Easter Region), Catholic Secondary Debating Association and CAS Competitions.
- During the Summer terms students can be involved with the College Musical. Further information on Drama at the College can be found under Our Academic Life.